Tour donates bike repair stations to Rapid City, Badlands National Park & Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, S.D. (April 7, 2017) – As South Dakota’s homegrown bicycle tour enters its fifth year, Ride Across South Dakota (RASDak) will pepper the ride with the best of South Dakota and new stops along the way between Rapid City and Sioux Falls, June 4-10.
Beyond showcasing South Dakota’s towns and landscapes, tour coordinators focus on giving back to the tour’s host communities, in part for the local hospitality that makes the ride well-regarded by bicyclists each year.
The tour gives back in two ways. This year, RASDak is donating a Saris bicycle repair stations to the city of Rapid City, to the city of Sioux Falls and to Badlands National Park. Also, the tour supports student scholarships through the RASDak fund for awards to students in host towns.
The fifth annual RASDak will spend nearly three days around Badlands National Park. The ride crosses through a recognizable route from the 2014 tour and stays with a central route on its way east.
- Day 1, June 4 – Rapid City to Cedar Pass Campground, Badlands National Park, 74 miles
- Day 2, June 5 – Cedar Pass Campground in Badlands National Park to Wall through Phillip, 66 miles
- Day 3, June 6 – Wall to Kadoka through the Badlands National Park scenic route, 88 miles, with an option for 58 miles.
- Day 4, June 7 - Kadoka to Presho through 1880 Town and Murdo, 76 miles
- Day 5, June 8 – Presho to Wessington Springs through Fort Thompson, 87 miles
- Day 6, June 9 – Wessington Springs to Salem through Howard, 80 miles
- Day 7, June 10 – Salem to Sioux Falls, 46 miles
The tour also opens National Bike Travel Weekend in South Dakota, June 3-4. Registration for RASDak is limited, and full-week and single-day riders are welcome. Rates increase April 15. Registered riders receive on-route support and camping accommodations. Food and rest stops are provided on the route, usually by local groups as fundraisers. Find registration and full route maps at rasdak.com.
Jodi Erickson, Tour Coordinator
Kasey Abbott, Tour Coordinator